🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » W-8BEN
Page options
ish288
Community Member

W-8BEN

Hi,I got a project invitation and I need to know how can I withdraw the money paid by client? In settings, it says to add W-8BEN number and I don't have a number like this yet. How can I get it?.Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Induni, 

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

Plese type-in your legal name, and address that matches the details on your Upwork account. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Induni, 

The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

Plese type-in your legal name, and address that matches the details on your Upwork account. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members