» Forums » Freelancers » W-9 Form 18
Page options
Community Member

W-9 Form 18

Hello! I recently had my first job here on UpWork. I love this site, since it's been incredibly easy to apply for jobs! I'm 18 (saving up for college) and live with my parents, so I don't pay taxes. This is also my first job. I'm confused as to how I should fill out the W-9 form since this is the case. Thank you!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia, 


All freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form. You may refer to this help article for more information about Form W-9. I would recommend that you consult with a local tax advisor about your case so that you can be assisted further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths