🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » W-9 tax information
Page options
omnia_m_shawky
Community Member

W-9 tax information

Hello,

I was trying to change my address to a new one, as I moved to the US, hence, I want to get paid, but this message appears every time: In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information.

I am a non-citizen of the USA, so I don't have W-0 tax information.

Another thing is that there is a message saying that my name is different from the name that appears on my payment method, so I fix the name in Upwork, but still, the problem is not solved.

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Omnia,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days. If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place permanently, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
andrew-bazilskiy
Community Member

Is it needs some time to check my tax information? Because I can't change my address even after providing this information.

Hi Andrii,

I took a closer look at your profile and can confirm that your new payment method has been accepted and will be active in three days. You can now try and update your address by going to Settings> Contact Info

Additionally, as Pradeep mentioned,  If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will contact you directly. If, however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace permanently, then you should update your account location. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members