🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » WARNING FREELANCERS!!!
Page options
neibert_vanessa
Community Member

WARNING FREELANCERS!!!

Good evening fellow freelancers, just a heads up on a client with up work looking to contract Freelancers in the Bakersfield area. I have received adverse reports about the work environment, unfair pay, and unethical treatment by the company's owner. In a matter of a month, 3 employees have terminated their contract and are making a report to the labor board and BBB. I understand the frustration due to having personal experience with such clients in the past. Remember clients offering alternate payment methods are not only going against Upwork safety policies but are causing the contracted Freelancer no surety or security of payment. I personally would rather pay the Upwork fee for contracts than risk not getting paid. I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday and are getting that money.  

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for flagging this here, Vanessa. 

I had to remove the link on your post as we don't allow identifying information of persons or companies in an accusation of misconduct.  Here are the Upwork Community Guidelines for more details. You can always report this information directly to Upwork if you suspect an issue, but posting it in the Community is inappropriate. If you would like to flag job posts in the future, feel free to report suspicious activity by following the steps here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Hopefully Upwork will permanently ban them.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for flagging this here, Vanessa. 

I had to remove the link on your post as we don't allow identifying information of persons or companies in an accusation of misconduct.  Here are the Upwork Community Guidelines for more details. You can always report this information directly to Upwork if you suspect an issue, but posting it in the Community is inappropriate. If you would like to flag job posts in the future, feel free to report suspicious activity by following the steps here.

~ Avery
Upwork
neibert_vanessa
Community Member

Completely understood thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members