🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: WARNING to all Agency Plus subscribers
Page options
raymondmeneses
Community Member

WARNING to all Agency Plus subscribers

I have been trying to downgrade to Agency Basic plan for almost a week now but Upwork WILL NOT let me do it. Here is the response from Upwork:

"With the new changes with the Connects, the downgrade option by an agency is no longer supported, if an agency wants to discontinue and the owner wants to act as an independent freelancer, the agency can be canceled/deleted, sorry about that."

This is absolutely obnoxious because no prior notice about this change was sent to Agency Plus subscribers and the so-called "New Connect" system has not taken into effect at least to my account as of yet. This just shows that Upwork doesn't value the work history our agency and providers bring into the platform provided that our agency is considered as 'Top Agency'.

May this serve as a warning to those who are planning to upgrade to Freelancer and Agency Plus plan. Please don't do it! Don't make the same 'mistake' that I did!

7 REPLIES 7
pponso
Community Member

I'm also trying to downgrade, but no option is available, I have just removed my business manage, so, I'm the only one, who is in the agency, don't know, what should I do to downgrade...

I'm afraid they removed the option to downgrade in an effort to take more money illegally. They will tell you to close down the agency if you dont want to pay for Agency Plus anymore. I have a feeling this will be implemented to the Freelancer Plus plan as well. The moral is to not upgrade to either Agency Plus or Freelancer Plus plan at all.

Raymond M wrote:
I'm afraid they removed the option to downgrade in an effort to take more money illegally. They will tell you to close down the agency if you dont want to pay for Agency Plus anymore. I have a feeling this will be implemented to the Freelancer Plus plan as well. The moral is to not upgrade to either Agency Plus or Freelancer Plus plan at all.

How do you imagine it is illegal for a business to decide to no longer offer a free option?

When its been done behind a stakeholder's back on purpose without prior notification and while they continue to offer the free plan to everyone else. Now you tell me if that what you call lawful and right way to do business.

Lawful and right are two very different concepts. Offhand, I can't see any way that it either violates a statute or breaches Upwork's contract with you.

Are you saying that a newcomer can still create a free agency account, but you can't downgrade to free if you already have a plus account?

Yes, new and existing agencies can still 'enjoy' the basic agency plan. Upwork is just blocking Agency Plus subscribers from downgrading to basic. Just obnoxious.

Is it possible to just close the Agency and reopen it again once you want to continue with your agency?  I am just asking because I am planning to register for the Agency plus but just for a few months.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members