Did you mean: 

WHAT DOES ACTIVE MEMBER MEANS HERE?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 14

Phyllis G wrote:

Kim F wrote:

"... it is very confusing if people consistently give wrong answers just for the sake of answering and getting kudoed by their little fanclub ..."

You've said this (or at least, something like it) several times recently and I'm baffled by it. Why should people be collecting kudos in this way? What do you mean by'fanclub'? Are you saying that a specific group of people on here belong to a group elsewhere and come here to build kudos for some reason?

"Maybe the power of the kudo should be limited to one a day. "

People should only be allowed one kudos per day? Or only allowed to post one? So someone who comes here and reads several posts a couple of times a week should be excluded from highlighting posts they want to support? What would that achieve?

From time to time, a FL appears who answers nearly every question for days on end, often with misleading and erroneous information (which has clearly been acquired by looking up specific questions in the Help sections, without understanding context or nuance that comes from experience). That person's answers are consistently kudo'd by the same 2-3 other people, regardless of what is being discussed and whether or not more knowledgeable members of the community weigh in with more specific and accurate information. It's been happening the past few days. I've seen it happen before. Not sure about the guiding principle but I suspect there is some recurring legend that having a lot of kudos makes your profile more desirable to clients. Or it could be purely ego-tripping.

ETA: Also, the self-appointed authority gets quite snappish when challenged.

I think Martina's 'one a day' suggestion was tongue-in-cheek.

I guess somebody told him that the "guru" status comes with untold riches and streets paved with gold. All true, amiright, Phyllis, wink wink?

a43e78e3
Maksims K Member Since: Feb 21, 2020
12 of 14

Hi Goran

My upwork profile is approved and I got the first job on Upwork and just posted.

But I am a not active member on here, only forum member.

Could you let me know there are any problems?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 14

re: "My upwork profile is approved and I got the first job on Upwork and just posted. But I am a not active member on here, only forum member. Could you let me know there are any problems?"

Maksims:

Your status in the Community Forum ("New Forum Member") is simply based on how many posts you have written here in the Forum.

It is NOT related to your work as a freelancer on the main Upwork website.

There are no problems.

If you participate more in the Forum, then your "status" in the Forum will eventually change. But that won't help you earn money or be more successful as a freelancer.

a43e78e3
Maksims K Member Since: Feb 21, 2020
14 of 14

Thanks for your fast response.

Yeah I understood clearly

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS