🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » WHAT IS DEMANDING IN BAD FORM?
Page options
avblnmurthy
Community Member

WHAT IS DEMANDING IN BAD FORM?

recently had a bad experience with a client from spain,when he asked about the schedule and duration required to complete the project,asked him what is completed so far,have to add modules for the existing project or have to start from the scratch?

WHILE DECLINING MY PROPOSAL FOR THE PROJECT,he gave a reply like this"We did not like his attitude, he was demanding in bad forms. And he removed a lot of messages."

when i feel like my message doesn't fetch the appropriate reply from him,and can't estimate duration, deleted earlier messages,did not communicate him outside upwork platform,what is bad form of demanding,how to know what he is expecting from me in the technical aspect?

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

What is "demanding in bad form"?

My best guess is they thought you were demanding or asking for things in an impolite way.

What to do now?

Random people on the Internet say all kinds of things. I don't spend time worrying about it.

thanks for the response, nothing is said to him in a impolite way, asked him about the details of the existing project environment,but used a conditional statement if you reply with my query would be able to speak on the project duration and schedule.

thanks for the suggestion,Not a problem and, Random people on the web says whatever they like or wanted to say,Incase if it is recruiting agent on the freelance website it will be annoying and unacceptable for the freelancer.

thanks for your attention and time.

What was the "conditional statement" you made?

already mentioned "if you reply with my query would be able to speak on the project duration and schedule", earlier deleted messages have different way of questions for which I may/may not get the expected answer with which i cannot estimate project duration.Not a problem in future will take care of these things,will not give a chance of comment,hope he is taking advantage of deleted messages but there is no impolite content in those messages.

The contract is over.

It doesn't matter.

You don't need to defend yourself or think about any of this.

but everyone should know this,just because he is not interested to give me contract,he is not supposed to give the comments in whatever way he wants,if not posted here someone else will also follow it,this is process of controlling such things not  defending myself, everyone should know the fact,if not he someone else who feels worth in my profile will give the contract,but no one are supposed to give false comments.

No one knows what transpired between you and the client. The client was not happy and apparently left you poor feedback. It happens, as Preston said, the job is closed, move on. Your profile is private, so we can't see the job.

The client is entitled to his/her opinion. Unless they left derogatory, personally insulting words against the Terms, nothing will change. You might want to spend more time speaking with clients before the contract is in place.

who is thinking about it,it was clear someone else should not again do that mistake to someone else,and so wrote it here, already my opinion is clear here.

tlsanders
Community Member

Sounds like someone who speaks English very poorly trying to say that you were rude and demanding. 

It doesn't matter at all whether it's true or not. The client is entitled to his opinion. You are free to disagree. No one else is involved. 

and again same thing to repeat here, someone else will never do that if it is expressed here,who is sticking to that, ofcourse all of sudden anyone will get a doubt what makes him feel impolite,and he should be knowing it, thanks for your response 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members