cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS THIS??????????????????????????????????????????

Peter K Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
31 of 51

Why am I being prompted to join agency plus membership plan when I am a freelancer and not associated to any agency? I cannot apply for new job projects because of this?

Kapildev B Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
32 of 51

I am an individual contractor and trying to apply on some jobs. I keep getting a message " You need to upgrade your membership to Agency plus". Not sure whats going on. Anyone else getting such message? Any idea, why I would be getting such message?

Levon G Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
33 of 51

Same thing with me. System doesn't work as expected.

Hitesh A Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
34 of 51

Yes  I am getting the same message, what upwork is doing 

Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
35 of 51

Not only are many getting the UPGRADE message BUT the Chat is NOT working!!!!!

Is ANYONE at up works qualified to run this platform??????????????????????????????????????

Is this the same scenerio as when they secretly changed thier name in the middle of the night ??

Community Guru
36 of 51

It seems to be working again...I hope (but have no confidence) that this was a true error and not what we have to look forward to.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
37 of 51

The inconvenience is one thing.

This was - clearly- one of the numerous technical glitches we have lately been blessed with on a daily basis.

We were not supposed to see this, not now/yet.  I never ceases to amaze me how amateurish these 'innovations' are being handled/executed.

But something is in the works. And someday that message will show up for real. Maybe after some sort of 'maintenance'.

I am not looking forward to that day.

Community Guru
38 of 51

You nailed it Ela....someone pulled back the wizards curtain a little to soon...I am sure it is precurser to what they have in store.

With each passing day, I am more convinved they are purposley trying to drive us all out. Why...who knows. I am tired of the STRESS and headache trying to figure out the insanity around here.

Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
39 of 51

@Ela K wrote:

The inconvenience is one thing.

This was - clearly- one of the numerous technical glitches we have lately been blessed with on a daily basis.

We were not supposed to see this, not now/yet.  I never ceases to amaze me how amateurish these 'innovations' are being handled/executed.

But something is in the works. And someday that message will show up for real. Maybe after some sort of 'maintenance'.

I am not looking forward to that day.

I'm not sure that that's the case. This screen has a current function on Upwork, which is if an employee of an agency tries to apply for a job on behalf of that agency. An agency plus membership allows this to happen. Without one it cannot. So clearly something glitched out due to a code change, and the system misinterpretted how people were applying to jobs (or interpretted just fine, but then redirected to the wrong command). I don't know that this is indicative of a screw-you move towards freelancers.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
40 of 51

Patrick,

I hope you are right.

Hold on to that optimism. I lost mine quickly in the past couple of months.

Ela

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS