Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

WHAT IS THIS??????????????????????????????????????????

Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
41 of 51

@Ela K wrote:

Patrick,

 

I hope you are right.

Hold on to that optimism. I lost mine quickly in the past couple of months.

 

Ela


I don't have a lot of it, Ela. Just doing my best right now to build up a base of long-term clients from both Elance and Upwork right now. Like a squirrel hoarding nuts before a particular long - perhaps endless - Upworky winter.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
42 of 51

@Ela K wrote:

Patrick,

 

I hope you are right.

Hold on to that optimism. I lost mine quickly in the past couple of months.

 

Ela


 It seems the only people with any optimism left are the newbies from Elance. Upwork users lost it a lont time ago.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
43 of 51

@Jean S wrote:

 It seems the only people with any optimism left are the newbies from Elance. Upwork users lost it a lont time ago.


Nah, I doubt anyone forced to do the migration is anywhere close to optimistic. I actually have a lot of sympathy for folks who are about to come here with the mass migration wave in the fall. We're kinda used to the mess and only notice the larger bugs and f-ups. Everyone used to the clean Elance interface is up for a big bad green malfunctioning surprise. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
44 of 51

Bojana D wrote:

 

Nah, I doubt anyone forced to do the migration is anywhere close to optimistic. I actually have a lot of sympathy for folks who are about to come here with the mass migration wave in the fall. We're kinda used to the mess and only notice the larger bugs and f-ups. Everyone used to the clean Elance interface is up for a big bad green malfunctioning surprise. 


 Yeah, the mass flood is gonna be bad for everyone. Lots of panicking and insecurities. I'm trying to tell myself that I have worked booked but it's hard when you spent 5 years starting from the bottom and building back up. Now, we have to somewhat start over.  There's a lot of understandable panic. For people riding on invites (like me), we've had the rug pulled out from under us.

 

I think it will get bad before it gets better. Once the dust settles, hopefully things go back to normal. 

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
45 of 51

I hope they get back to a lot better than normal...

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
46 of 51

@Jean S wrote:

@Ela K wrote:

Patrick,

 

I hope you are right.

Hold on to that optimism. I lost mine quickly in the past couple of months.

 

Ela


 It seems the only people with any optimism left are the newbies from Elance. Upwork users lost it a lont time ago.


 YOU SAID THAT RIGHT!

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
47 of 51

@Jean S wrote:

 It seems the only people with any optimism left are the newbies from Elance. Upwork users lost it a lont time ago.

 You obviously haven't read the forums over there. According to the posters there, the people who work on this site are completely unprofessional and a bunch of lowballers who have no skills and couldn't make it on the superior platform that was Elance.

 

I stopped reading the forums over there because of the hostility and arrogance coming from some of the posters. I understand they're upset about the changes but that's no reason to continuously insult the people that work on this site.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
48 of 51

@David G wrote:
I stopped reading the forums over there because of the hostility and arrogance coming from some of the posters. I understand they're upset about the changes but that's no reason to continuously insult the people that work on this site.

That's actually not a new thing, it was true even before the merger happened (although I'm sure the forced transfer isn't helping now and things might be a little sharper atm). I have accounts on both sites, back when I started developing the Elance one I tried the forums... Now, I'm hardly sensitive when it comes to internet convos, I usually just let stuff roll right over me. But there was so much negativity towards "those odeskers" that at one point I was entirely put off and just stopped participating. 

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
49 of 51

Probably another 'secret' feature they inadvertantly leaked to the membership like the Upwork Enterprise link that appeard and was later called a bug.

Active Member
Marga Nadine A Member Since: Jul 3, 2015
50 of 51

I've had that message as well. I was nearly going to upgrade my membership plan, good thing I didn't.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS