cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY I HAD 98% OF EFFECTIVENESS YESTERDAY AND TODAY I HAVE 94%????

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
Luz H Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
1 of 17

Hello, everybody.

Would someone please explain to me why for god's sake did I had a 98% of effectiveness YESTERDAY and out of the blue I have a 94% today?

I haven't done any new project and, besides, ALL of my latest works have received 5-star ratings!

I've just sent a cover letter mentioning my 98% score! Now, I am remaining as a liar. C'mon! Woman Frustrated

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 17

You have three jobs "in progress" that are 4-7 months old.  Are they really in progress, or are they old contracts that were never closed? If they're inactive, that is very likely your problem.

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
3 of 17

Hi, Tiffany. They're old not closed projects. Smiley Sad

Should I communicate with those clients and ask them to close those jobs?

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
4 of 17

Tiffany, I think I will close them by myself directly. They are completely done and if my clients want to, they allways can reach me again. Right? Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 17

I wouldn't close them all at once, especially if the clients don't leave feedback.  Do one, wait until next JSS period and close another.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 17

Try reaching out to the clients first, because if you close the jobs yourself then the clients will likely not leave feedback, and a chunk of no feedback contracts all at once will also hurt you.

If you can't get the clients to close the jobs, then start closing them yourself, but don't do it all at once. Close the oldest one, then do a couple of jobs with feedback, then close another one.

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
7 of 17

Mary and Tiffany thanks, both of you, for your time.
I have closed them all minus one, but I sent to my clients a nice note telling them the reason why I did so and also saying that I will more than happy to collaborate in their projects whenever they want me to. I had a very good professional relationship with all of them so I am crossing my fingers to hopefully have a good rating back from them.

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
8 of 17

OH MY GOD!!!! Now I have 3 recent closed projects with NO FEEDBACK GIVEN TO ME!!!!

I want to cry. I mess it up!!!! HELP UPWORK MANAGERS!!!! :'( :'( :'(

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 17

Luz,

Jobs without feedback will only affect your Job Success Score if there is a pattern of such jobs. You have quite long Work History and only a few No Feedback Given jobs. Additionally, the clients still have 14 days to provide their feedback on contracts you just closed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
10 of 17

Hi, Valeria.

Here I am again. Would you please check why my rating is going down? Oh my god, this is so frustating!!!

I have received the best scores and recommendations lateley, but my JSS is dropping. HELP!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS