cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY I HAD 98% OF EFFECTIVENESS YESTERDAY AND TODAY I HAVE 94%????

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 17

Luz,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to share exact details about why your score decreases and which contracts affects the score in what way. Please, note that the score may fluctuate because of factors not visible on your public profile, such as private feedback, older scores falling off of the calculation, etc.

~ Valeria
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 17

Luz, don't forget that you were expecting a bit of a dip because you closed those two no feedback contracts at the same time in the last cycle. Since you've absorbed that drop now and you've put an end to the inactive contracts, you should start to see a turnaround soon.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
13 of 17

Don't panic, Luz. At worst, the streak of no feedback will cause a temporary dip, and you may not see any drop at all since you've eliminated the inactive contracts. Hopefully, one or more of your clients will take the opportunity to rate you. If not, just consider it that stage of clean-up where you've spread everything out on the floor and it looks worse than it did before you started--it's all improvement from there. You're rid of the long-term inactive contracts and you'll know not to let them languish in the future.

hernandez-luz
Community Leader
Luz H Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
14 of 17

Thank you, girls. You are a lovely people.

I've sent them a message politely asking to bring me a score accordingly to what I've done for them. Hopefully, they'll give me a nice review if they can.

Thank you so much to all of you. I still want to cry a little. I just need to learn to be less impatient, though.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 17

@Luz H wrote:

Thank you, girls. You are a lovely people.

I've sent them a message politely asking to bring me a score accordingly to what I've done for them. .

No need to ever ask for feedback. Luz!

Just encourage / ask the clients to end the contract, because that way they have no choice but to leave feedback.

It's not the end of the world, once you've got a few more successfully completed contracts under your belt you'll be fine.

Certainly not worth crying over. Nobody and nothing died Smiley Wink

bradley-erin
Erin B Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
16 of 17

Thank you for posting this! mine went from 100% to 83% overnight. All 5 star reviews and all of my clients are long-term contracts. UpWork is punishing me because several are "not earning" and have not ended the contract and given me reviews. I feel that ending contracts and asking for reviews makes me look like an amatuer!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 17

Hi Erin, 

I checked your account and can see that the support team has explained in detail why your Job Success Score dropped.

To reiterate, a pattern of idle contracts affect your Job Success Score negatively. As suggested, we'd recommend that you close idle contracts so that it doesn't affect your Job Success Score.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS