🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: WORK IN PROGRESS DOESN'T APPEAR ON MY PRO...
Page options
sbrnl
Community Member

WORK IN PROGRESS DOESN'T APPEAR ON MY PROFILE

Hi!

I've started a job a few days ago, but my profile still locked and the job doesn't appear in my work history.

Does anyone knows why is this happening? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Have you received any money yet for that work in progress?

You may need to have money paid out to you for a job before it first appears on your public profile page.

Just seeing the money in the "Work in progress" section is not enough. I think it needs to at least be "In review."

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
prestonhunter
Community Member

Have you received any money yet for that work in progress?

You may need to have money paid out to you for a job before it first appears on your public profile page.

Just seeing the money in the "Work in progress" section is not enough. I think it needs to at least be "In review."

No, I did not. But I'm working on a milestone and it is already funded, maybe I'm confused.

But my profile shouldn't be public by now?

mtngigi
Community Member

Flat rate jobs don't show up as "works in progress" until you're paid for the complete job.

sbrnl
Community Member

Thanks. And what about my profile? Does anyone knows why it's locked private?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sabrina,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Freelancers with no earnings in 30 days will have their profile set to private (locked) automatically. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sbrnl
Community Member

Thanks Bojan, I've thought as soon as I started a new contract my profile visibility would be set public.

Hi Sabrina, this has happened to me too. I am working on a fixed price job but still my profile is locked and the work in progress does not appear on the work history.

Moradiya B wrote:

I am working on a fixed price job but still my profile is locked and the work in progress does not appear on the work history.

It won't appear until you get paid something. That is normal.

Oh I see, Thanks for letting me know Petra...

bgies
Community Member

Maybe it's "Normal", but it still shouldn't be that way

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raymond, 

Do you need help with a contract (your profile)? If yes, feel free to share more details with me here so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4dc773cf
Community Member

I have started hourly contract but not showing job in progress what happend?

Hi Iram,

Please keep in mind that a contract is listed on your profile once funds have been exchanged. When working on an hourly contract your client is billed every Monday for the hours worked in the previous week.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Virginia F wrote:

Flat rate jobs don't show up as "works in progress" until you're paid for the complete job.

Just in case, I want to clarify something there. Flat rate jobs can appear as "job in progress" but there need to be some payment involved. If a fixed-price job has only one milestone it will appear only when the whole job is completed, but if the job has more than one milestone inside, let's say 4 for instance, once the first milestone is paid then it will appear as "job in progress" even while there are still 3 milestones pending.

Sabrina L wrote:

Thanks Bojan, I've thought as soon as I started a new contract my profile visibility would be set public.

It doesn't when you start working on the contract, but instead it does when you get paid by that contract.

Sergio thank you so much for your answer! This is the first time I have a  job with only one milestone, that´s why I didn´t understand! 😄

Hi, I am working on a project which has 2 milestones. I've already been paid for my first milestone but still my profile isn't showing work in progress? The money has been added to money earned but there is no work in progress . Please help.
petra_r
Community Member

Rahul G wrote:
Hi, I am working on a project which has 2 milestones. I've already been paid for my first milestone but still my profile isn't showing work in progress? The money has been added to money earned but there is no work in progress . Please help.

You are posting from a duplicate (client) account.

Duplicate accounts are forbidden.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths