cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wages

Amanda S Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1 of 5

As this is my first foray into freelance writing, I'm unsure of what to input in my hourly rate on my profile.  I've done some research online but the answer varies, and I was hoping that someone could lead me in the right direction.

My specialty lies in fictional stories, and the most comprehensive guide I found for wage structures gave me quite a generalization.  Anywhere between $30 - $125 per hour.  Any advice on hourly wage for a new writer would be greatly appreciated!

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 5

Im moving your post to the Freelancer section, you posted in the Upwork Mobile App area. I would also recommend when working on your profile to change your profile image.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 5

Amanda,

You are not a wage earner on Upwork.

A guide that has served me well for professional freelancer billing rates is that of the Editorial Freelancers Association.

Best,

Michael

p.s. I can't think of a single writing colleague I know who doesn't bill fixed-price rather than hourly. The EFA guide helps me compute fixed prices.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

re: "Anywhere between $30 - $125 per hour."

It sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a fiction writer.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 5

LOL that's funny Preston. She'll learn. 

Amanda, you might get lucky and start at $10 an hour and then maybe get up to $20 in a year or so.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS