cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for work file

marydayeh93
Mary D Member Since: Aug 7, 2016
1 of 5

I just accepted a work offer. Should I wait for the client to send me the work file to begin or can I find somewhere?

Thanks

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 5

Mary D,

If your client has sent it, you should see it in your client's message box. Have you got an official Upwork contract in place, either as hourly job, with the tracker turned on, or as a fixed-rate job with the agreed amount funded in escrow?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 5

To second NIchola - Don't start working until the job shows up in "My Jobs" tab and the client's payment is verified.  And yes, when the client sends the file, it will be through Upwork messaging.

d_mfitidi
Daisi M Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
4 of 5

The client will send you a message through Upwork messaging. Send the client a message through Upwork if you don't receive the file just as a reminder. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

It is a tactical mistake to accept a fixed-price contract until you have all information and input files necessary to completely finish the job.

DO NOT ACCEPT the contract until you can complete it and turn it in without ever hearing from the client again.

For hourly contracts DO NOT ACCEPT the contract until you have enough information and materials sufficient for you to work at least ten minutes.

When you accept the contract, work at least ten minutes as soon as possible.

Follow these tips, and you will not have zero-pay contracts, which can lower your job success score.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS