🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Want To Withdraw Proposal But There Is An Iss...
Page options
nahid_hridoy
Community Member

Want To Withdraw Proposal But There Is An Issue

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am in a weird situation, Hoping for good advice from the experts.

Someone invited me to a job for an interview. So, I accepted the interview. This particular client also interviewing some other people too.

Anyway, It's a web development related job. So, I asked if there is any design/ layout ready for this project. She said, yes there is a 10-page layout design in pdf but she cannot share it with me because it's confidential.

So, she told me I have to sign some documents about the scope of work. Then she will send me a contract and then we can move forward. In the meantime, she will give me a small task so that she and her team can make sure that I am the right person but she indicated that she liked my portfolio and hoping for a long-term work relationship. It will be a long project.

So, I signed the contract and returned the documents. It's a simple contract with the tasks I have to do on this project. It was late for her yesterday, so she just gave me the task with some layouts pdf, and then she told me "We should be able to formalize the hiring on upwork by end of day tomorrow".

Anyway, I completed the example task today, and then she started giving edits without hiring me/giving me a contract on Upwork, Plus there was no complete design to work on which she claimed that there was a complete design. Anyway, It's just screenshots from here and there & not well organized.

So I complained about that and told her that there should be a standard design for me to work on. This is her reply "no need for long-winded demonstrations of cleverness. just convert it".  So, it was like she wanted to say we don't want your opinion do whatever we tell you to do.

It looks like she is new at Upwork and only hires another person before for the same project. Now, I don't want to work on a project where there is no organized design for me to work on and where client doesnot respect my opinion. Had some bad expereince.

She didn't hire me yet but she said she will send a contract at the end of the day. At this point should I just withdraw proposal? Since I signed a document, was it just a formality? Or does it have any connection with Upwork. I signed this kind of documnets before with other clients, but I worked with them and on some prjects still working. Since I am not willing to work with this client what should I do?

***she didn't share the whole layouts with me either because seems like there is none. I just did a small task for her today as a test. I signed the documents because she indicate that she will hire me and the deisgns are confidential.

Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_sharman
Community Member

Do you have an active proposal with her? You should be able to withdraw the proposal that way.

It sounds like she had you complete unpaid work. 

This is not legal advice, but it doesn't matter if you signed something she sent you separately...and she hasn't paid you...withdraw the proposal and block her.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
m_sharman
Community Member

Do you have an active proposal with her? You should be able to withdraw the proposal that way.

It sounds like she had you complete unpaid work. 

This is not legal advice, but it doesn't matter if you signed something she sent you separately...and she hasn't paid you...withdraw the proposal and block her.

tlbp
Community Member

If you've not accepted an Upwork offer and formed an Upwork contract, then your obligations aren't going to be defined by Upwork. You'll need to look at what you agreed to in the separate document you were sent and signed.

There's a chance that the client won't care. You could just tell them that you don't want to work with them. But, if they do care, then the document you signed will govern the consequences. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths