Want job

Sameer D Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
1 of 5
I want a job of data entry but no reply
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

Sameer,

This is a freelancer forum. Nobody gives jobs here. Jobs can only be applied to in the job search. There may be many reasons nobody is hiring you, but if you want those reasons addressed, be prepared for criticism.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Sameer,

Welcome to Upwork!

I would recommend fixing spelling and punctuation errors in your profile title and overview. You need to expand your overview with more details about your past experience, add relevant skills, employment history, portfolio samples, keywords etc, before applying to new jobs.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Hep Center. I also advise reading the best practice advice shared by other users in following threads:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Job warning signs

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Sameer D wrote:
I want a job of data entry but no reply

Sameer, I'm sure you want a job but as was pointed out this is not how you go about it.

You need a decent profile, and take tests, and get your overview sorted out.

You also need to rethink that idea that you can do "article writing"

don't think so.jpg

No you can't write articles (not in English, anyway) and no you don't have good "wrtting skills" in English ...

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

If I had to make a wild, unsubstantiated guess, based on what I have seen in the Forum, and what I have seen in the profiles of other contractors, as well as what I have seen as a client doing hiring, I would guess that at least 60% of the contractors on Upwork have no business being here and should not be hired by any client.

The problem is that many contractors or would-be contractors have a totally wrong idea about what Upwork is.

Upwork IS NOT a place to "get a job."

Upwork IS NOT a place to earn money.

Upwork is a place that CLIENTS WITH MONEY can go to find professional, skilled contractors who will do work for them.

If a person genuinely has something to offer these clients, they should set up a contractor profile and make their services available.

If a person just wants to get a job or get money but can not offer quality, in-demand services, they should not be here.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS