cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to absolutely assured on these

Anindita M Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
1 of 9

Hi,

Anyone from Upwork management, can you please give me correct information on my queries? I am getting contradictory views from many, and I am confused.

1st, is it a policy violation if I use share same computer and same internet connection with another person having his own upwork account? The 2 accounts not related by any means btw.

2nd, if the computer and internet connection was used by any person once who is a suspended member in upwork, will the scenario be same? I hear upwork blacklists IP and MAC addresses for banned/ suspended accounts. SO using the same machine could be risky for me?

Please give me the correct and verified info. Dont want to be more confused.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

@Anindita M wrote:

2nd, if the computer and internet connection was used by any person once who is a suspended member in upwork, will the scenario be same?

I hear upwork blacklists IP and MAC addresses for banned/ suspended accounts. SO using the same machine could be risky for me?

Please give me the correct and verified info. Dont want to be more confused.

I would suggest you do not try to open an account when there is any connection with someone who is suspended and banned.

It will not go well.

Anindita M Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
3 of 9

Actually here is the main confusion.. Like you, many are saying so. But I had recently talked with customer support, and they said sharing computer and internet with ANYBODY is no issue, as long as accounts are totally different and not connected...

But like you said, I am also tensed.. Should I buy a new computer for me, just for this?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 9

Technically, yes it's OK, but you're sooo playing with fire. So many things can go wrong. Better to stay on the safe side if you rely on the income and just get your own gear.

Sohag R Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
5 of 9

Okay, sir, I will not bebahara account. Please note that the account of the issue.

Sohag R Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
6 of 9

Please let me know what the problem upabaarka to resolve the problem of Eid. This text shows why " We’ve been listening to your feedback and have created a search experience that’s easier to read!
Please click here to test out the new design"

Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
7 of 9

It's the same as carrying a loaded weapon which has been used to commit a crime.  May be legal, but not recommended or a good idea.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 9

So let's pretend I'm a programmer working for Upwork in their security division.

I add a cool feature to the time-tracking software that records the MAC address and other internal aspects of an individual users computer, and maybe I add some source code to the web application to record that information from the computer.

Now an individual user has their account terminated... I have collected lots of information about that user's computer.

Next, a new Upwork user starts using Upwork, using the exact same MAC address, but with a different name and email address...

Wouldn't I simply assume that the user Upwork kicked off the platform last month created a new account using a fake name?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

ANY site you access, click on and use records details including your computer. You need no tracker for that.

But yes, that's exactly what I'd consider to be a possibility if a new account sprung up after another one was banned.

However, if there had been two accounts for a long timem one with issues, one without, I'd just make sure all tools at disposal were used to acertain they were two different entities.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS