🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Want to know if the job offer is legit
Page options
kalamalinisundar
Community Member

Want to know if the job offer is legit

I have recieved a job offer from a company for transcribing the audio in to text. The contact, secondary contractor, who does not reveal identity in any form communicates through skype and sends check for investing in account and buy equipment for the work. The amount is few thousands dollars which is kind of too good to be true, I have asked for physical check. Now upworks sends message that offer is declined, But the contact says it will become alive once the project starts, Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalamalini,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages, have video calls, and more. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, check this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members