🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Want to permanently delete previous account
Page options
dca855dc
Community Member

Want to permanently delete previous account

I have recently closed my upwork freelancer account and opened a new one.
I want to permanently delete the previous account and only continue with the new one that I have just created.
12 REPLIES 12
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

This is just a gentle reminder that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork regardless of whether the old account is closed. 

As for your old account, I can confirm that it is closed, and it will not appear in any search result in the marketplace. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dca855dc
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Thanks for the feedback.
Really appreciate the assistance.
a_lipsey
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Andy, 

This is just a gentle reminder that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork regardless of whether the old account is closed. 

As for your old account, I can confirm that it is closed, and it will not appear in any search result in the marketplace. 

Avery, then why does the OP have an active account? We have been told that you only get one account in your lifetime, ever. Why is the OP allowed to keep this second account open?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda, 

I will not be able to discuss Andy's account to comply with our privacy policy, but you may want to check Section 1.4 Account Types of the Upwork User Agreement.

~ Avery
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Avery, I'm not sure what account type has to do with it. His freelancer profile is still available. He closed a freelancer account. How can he still have one through a second account? If he has a client account it would still be on the old account, because we can only ever have 1 Upwork account.

Avery?

I really don't think a 'gentle' reminder is appropriate.

It's a serious violation, surely? What message is a 'gentle reminder' sending to people reading this?

Amanda and Jamie, 

I'd like to confirm that the information Avery provided here in her own polite tone and manner is correct. We will not be discussing the specifics of another user's account status or any action taken in regard to a specific account here in the Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am asking how someone can close their freelancer account and open a new one and not be violating TOS?

Amanda L wrote:
I am asking how someone can close their freelancer account and open a new one and not be violating TOS?

Valeria, can you please answer my question? 

Amanda, 

I will not be able to share any further information about our internal processes or specific account details. Please, refer to the Section 1.4 Account Types of the Upwork User Agreement for general information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
roberty1y
Community Member

It seems that the rule that you can only have one account is subject to Upwork's discretion. If someone deletes an account in the belief that they can never find work and then realize they could get jobs if they take a better approach, I can see the logic in letting them have a second chance. That doesn't seem to be the case with the OP, but that's a private matter between him and Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths