cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to Post Creative Content

troy_abrams

Hello all,

I am new to UpWork, and this may be a silly concern of mine, but I have been getting worried with posting some of my own creative work. The reason for this is because I don't entirely understand copywright laws and I am worried someone may end up taking my work. I do not think that my poetry or short stories are so impressive that someone would go out of their way to steal it, but it is a concern I am suddenly facing.

If anyone could offer me some advice or share some goods tips to avoid having this be an issue I would be greatly appreciative

Thank you,
Troy

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Guru

I only provide examples of stuff that is published with my byline so it would be hard for a competitor to pretend to use my stuff and for a client to steal it since it's already published. Maybe put it on your personal blog and link to it.

You should strive to produce creative work that is good enough that people will steal it.

Of course if you put something on the Internet it means it is possible for somebody to steal it. But I think you are a long way from needing to worry about that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS