🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wanting to report a dodgy client
Page options
hartk81
Community Member

Wanting to report a dodgy client

Hello! I'm trying to access the help and support page to report a client who is unprofessional, paying clients and communicating outside of Upwork and won't leave me alone despite me telling him I'm not interested in working with him. However, every time I try to do so, I'm redirected to my home page. Can you please rectify this or give me an alternate means of contact?

Thanks

Kiera

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kiera:

Upwork has no rules against communicating outside of Upwork.

I'm not sure what the problem is. If you don't want to work with him or communicate with him, then block him. Your communication tools can block a person.

I have blocked him, but he deserves to be reported for being rude and unprofessional as there's nothing stopping him for doing the same to the next person he hires. And paying clients using paypal instead of the upwork platform IS against the rules. 

lysis10
Community Member

hey hey heyyyyy, do not try to take away my lolcow rageface clients. That's entertainment for some of us.

re: "paying clients and communicating outside of Upwork"

Ah...

I thought you were saying he was one of those "paying clients" (which is a good thing) who "communicates outside of Upwork" (which is allowed).

I did not realize that you meant this particular client is:

- paying [freelancers] [outside of Upwork]

[and also]

- communicating with [freelancers] [outside of Upwork]

Yes, you may definitely report him for offering to pay outside of Upwork. You may use the "Flag as inappropriate" button/link in the upper-right hand corner of the job posting page to report him.

The job posting page is no longer available. 

re: "The job posting page is no longer available."

You may be able to get to it from your Contracts page.

If you can't get to it at all, then maybe Upwork has already removed this person.

re: "a client who is unprofessional, paying clients and communicating outside of Upwork"
re: "And paying clients using paypal..."

Just FYI:

Your use of the word "client" as a synonym for "freelancer" is a little confusing.

It will be simpler if you use this convention:

CLIENT - person paying money

FREELANCER - person doing work and receiving money

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths