🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Warning pop up - Upwork Seems to be unrespons...
Page options
cherrysewell
Community Member

Warning pop up - Upwork Seems to be unresponsive

I keep getting the error "Upwork seems to be unresponsive. You can wait while application becomes responsive or restart it. Would you like to restart?" The app is still timing perfectly so I click 'No' and within a few seconds it's back again. If I restart it's ok for a while, but then it just starts up again - sometimes only a minute or two later.  Other times it doesn't show again until I log on the next time. I can also work for an hour or so before it shows.

I'm on a Macbook.  This is also happening now using the site, even though the timer is now off.

17 REPLIES 17
JoanneP

Hi Cherry,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rysie
Community Member

May I ask for your assistance too? I keep getting the same message. It's been like 2 weeks since it started. I have already removed and reinstalled Upwork client, it didn't help. Macbook Pro, Catalina 10.15.5.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcin,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Can you please uninstall your current version of the Upwork Dekstop app and try to install this version.

Let me know if it will work for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rysie
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I have uninstalled previous and installed the provided version, but now it says "Internet connection not detected. Please check your connectivity settings and then restart the app". Needless to say, internet connection works properly, I'm typing this very message 🙂

Hello! I was having the same issue and reinstalled the Upwork app using the link you provided. I am now receiving the attached error when opening the newly installed version (I am connected to the internet just fine.)

Hi Laura and Marcin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
qliff_a21
Community Member

I have the same issue as everyone else here. I'm on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5. The issue has been happenning for a couple of weeks now. Hoping for an update soon which fixes the issue.

Hi Konstantin,

Could you please uninstall the current version of the Upwork Dekstop app you have and install this version? Please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I'm having the same issue, I tried installing the version Moderator Joanne posted, but it kept prompting an error with internet connection. MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Hi Juan Fernando,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
casra
Community Member

Hi, having the same problem on macbook air

Hi Kasra,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I had a similar issue and in the end I changed my loging from Google-login to direct loging with my email address and a password on the site.   This solved it for me.

Re-installing did not help at all.

christinedean
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I searched and have not found an answer yet. I have reinstalled to the newest version and it still pops up. If I'm working on a job it will pop up over and over again after I have restarted the app multiple times. 

Hi Christine,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? Please try performing steps from the "How to completely delete the Upwork Desktop App's cache" section.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kapch0niy
Community Member

I have the same problem, what i need to do with it, I can't work

Hi Artur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you also using a MacBook like Cherry? If so, could you please try to force stop the desktop app and relaunch it? You may also check this article for additional troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, you can reply to this thread and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths