🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdrawal not Received.
Page options
lysis10
Community Member

Was there issues with ACH transfers for funds released on Friday UTC?

I've never had a delay in deposits for 7 years unless there is a bank holiday, but I do not have the money in my bank as of this morning for a withdraw. To be specific, I'm talking about this one from the confirmation email I got at 8:19am ET on Friday.

lysis10_0-1647107762282.png

There are some people saying they are experiencing the same thing on reddit, so is this a known issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All, 

I'd like to clarify a couple of topics that came up on this thread. I'd like to confirm that we do not officially support Wise. ACH transfers in general can take up to 5 business days with processing times varying widely from bank to bank. If you don't receive your funds after that, feel free to let us know so we can initiate a trace. For more information please see this help article. 
We will be closing this thread from further replies as we've noticed some of the recent comments being posted here aren't directly relevant to the OP. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
NikolaS

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I was unable to find any information about possible delays.In general ACH funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days. Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank. Bank holidays can also delay your funds.

Let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account and we will initiate a trace for you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nikola S wrote: In general ACH funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days..

No. That is the case for "direct to local bank" (sending money abroad) and not for ACH.

Petra R wrote:

Nikola S wrote: In general ACH funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days..

No. That is the case for "direct to local bank" (sending money abroad) and not for ACH.

Agreed - ACH in the US always posts the next day for me. I have my withdrawals set for Wednesday, and the money posts at my bank on Thursday. I suspect the one-day delay is more on my bank's end than due to ACH itself.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

When I did ACH on a Friday, it didn't get credited ever until the next Tuesday.  I now do the Instant Pay thing, which has a small fee, and I get it within the hour. 

lysis10
Community Member

I expected this answer, so god bless redditors for help.

Anyway, for anyone who might have the same question -- I asked on reddit and someone told me the docs changed from 1 business day for ACH to 3 days. Years and yeeears ago I used to wait until Tuesday to see any transfers made on Thursday-Sunday. I forgot about this (Hi Mary me too!) and when someone told me about the docs changing, I remembered. I guess we're back to slow transfers again. You'll definitely see me having a meltdown if I see nothing on Tuesday.

d5600767
Community Member

I seem to also have the same problem. Usually Upwork process payments within few minutes when I withdraw through my local bank but I didn't like the rates so I tried using Wise account which offers better rates.

I processed withdrawal since 19th and it has been more than 24 hours now and the payment hasn't been processed yet. The last notification I had was that of the payment request but nothing about the request processed and nothing in my Wise account either. Kindly advise.

Thanks

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Generally, funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days from ACH deposits (Automatic Clearing House). Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank. Bank holidays can also delay your funds.

Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account and we will initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
farooqlancer46
Community Member

Hi there,
I made a withdrawal on 5/24/2022 to the ACH bank account and today is 5/26/2022 and I am still waiting to receive the amount in my bank account. please guide me on why I face this kind of delay during ACH withdrawal. 
Regards
Farooq Butt.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and can confirm your transaction was successful on our end. Funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days from ACH deposits (Automatic Clearing House). Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank. Bank holidays can also delay your funds.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

Good morning.

As regards the payment made to my bank account on the 20th of July, I want to request a recall of the transaction.

It got to my notice that the account doesn't support ACH transfers after the payment transaction has been processed. I want the money to be recalled to my Upwork account so I can use another payment gateway.

How do I go about this?

Thank you.

Oyindamola,

If your local bank is failed to receive payment from Upwork, your withdrawal money will be returned to your Upwork balance within a few days. However, the withdrawal service fee will not be returned.

Hi Oyindamola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled whether it is manual or automatic. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues with the bank account, the funds will be returned to Upwork and once this has happened, rest assured that we will immediately credit the funds to your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

For people coming into this thread with the same problem, I'll update here. A few people were complaining at the same time on reddit, so that's why I had posted here. There was a delay in transfers for ACH it seems for that week. I got it the following Monday/Tuesday, but things when back to normal the following week.

sharonlazarus
Community Member

Hi,

I have set up my WISE Dollar account, even transferred money (4000PKR) into it from my local bank which went through in seconds. Now i want to get my upwork earnings transferred into it and have tried to set it as my payment method but it keeps getting rejected after 3-5 days. Please help me set up WISE as my upwork payment method-tell me what i am doing wrong???

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like you re-entered the payment details today. Please note that it would take 3 days for the payment method to be active. It's not that it was rejected in the first place but your withdrawals are being returned to your Upwork account. Could you please try withdrawing again after 3 days once your payment method is active? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
zohaibsultan007
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm generally Withdrawal payment with Direct to US Bank (ACH) easily to my wise account which takes two days to transfer to my wise account. 

This time I didn't get payment which was i drawn on May 27 to have shown up to my wise however I got nothing at yet.

Much obliged to you.

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general ACH funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days. Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank. Bank holidays can also delay your funds. Let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account and we will initiate a trace for you.

You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
farooqlancer46
Community Member

I am having trouble withdrawing my money from Upwork to my WISE US dollar account. I am facing this issue a second time consecutively. I want to withdraw my money to the WISE account and I have added the WISE account details as per the WISE US account details and the payment method is active on Upwork as well. 
But when I withdraw money to WISE for the first time it failed and now this is the second time that it is failed again. The first time Upwork told me a reason that "The bank provided this reason for your returned funds: R20, Account does not allow ACH transactions or limit for transactions has been exceeded", and now for the second time you failed the payment request and didn't return back my money to my Upwork account, and also Upwork told me a reason like that "The bank provided this reason for your returned funds: Unable to Apply.". I have also attached the screenshots of the emails that I received from you after the payment request failed. 

I have contacted to the WISE support team and they told me, we don't know why Upwork is rejecting the payment.
Please solve this issue for me because I have added all the correct details of my WISE US bank account details while adding the payment method on upwork. 
Thanks and Regards
Farooq

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7b9ebb53
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, Please help me as my Payment Method is being rejected. Please reach out to me to let me know what is the problem so I can fix it.

Thanks!

Hi Abubakar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
07ccacea
Community Member

Hi! I applied for a withdrawal 4 days ago but still no news yet. My sister who is also an Upworker has already received her payment in which the withdrawal was made 2 days later than me. Any help please?

Hi Janice, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general ACH funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days. Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank. Bank holidays can also delay your funds. Let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account and we will initiate a trace for you.

You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
508dff7c
Community Member

Hi, 

Can someone enlighten why my Upwork payment to TransferWise is not reflecting yet. It usually takes 1 day to tranfer and reflect to USD account but now still haven't reveived it. Here's my reference number 488888465.

I hope someone can help me with this 😞

Hi Ludwig,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
508dff7c
Community Member

Hi Andrea. I appreciate your response. But the issue is already resolve the fund was just delayed for few hours. Thank you!

Hi All, 

I'd like to clarify a couple of topics that came up on this thread. I'd like to confirm that we do not officially support Wise. ACH transfers in general can take up to 5 business days with processing times varying widely from bank to bank. If you don't receive your funds after that, feel free to let us know so we can initiate a trace. For more information please see this help article. 
We will be closing this thread from further replies as we've noticed some of the recent comments being posted here aren't directly relevant to the OP. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths