🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wasn't it always 2-6 connects, it was just st...
Page options
florydev
Community Member

Wasn't it always 2-6 connects, it was just stuck on 2

I have only been on Upwork for about a year but I remember reading that a job costs between 2-6 connects but then noticing and thinking it quite weird that it was always 2.  I seriously was thinking that it was something broke on the site (actually I still wonder).

People keep bringing that up like it is a change so I am really just curious if I made this up in my head somehow.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

I have only been on Upwork for about a year but I remember reading that a job costs between 2-6 connects

In the help section it was indeed written that jobs cost between 2 and 6 connects if I remember well. Despite this provision, no job costed more than 2 connects until recently.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I've been here since the Elance merger, and I can't remember it ever being more than 2 connects. (I could be wrong, though - I often go for months without checking the jobs posts.)

It's not beyond the realm of possiblity that I crazied the whole thing up. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

It's not beyond the realm of possiblity that I crazied the whole thing up. 

Nope, it did originally declare that different jobs would cost "different" numbers of connects eventually, it just took them forever to implement it.

Petra R wrote:

Nope, it did originally declare that different jobs would cost "different" numbers of connects eventually, it just took them forever to...

... come with a totally random and stupid way to decide on how many connects a job will cost.

-----------
versailles
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

I have only been on Upwork for about a year but I remember reading that a job costs between 2-6 connects

In the help section it was indeed written that jobs cost between 2 and 6 connects if I remember well. Despite this provision, no job costed more than 2 connects until recently.

-----------
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members