🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wasted proposal- Job posting real or not?
Page options
c4cb591d
Community Member

Wasted proposal- Job posting real or not?

I replied back that I have done an app that is almost exactly as their requirements and at the cheapest possible rate $5/hr and still no reply, $5/hr for a software engineer with over 20 years, and they still don't even bother to reply back. I'm beginning to think this is UW is paying someone to post fake job listings.

4 REPLIES 4
slavkoa
Community Member

Ge L wrote:

UW is paying someone to post fake job listings.

Client looking at : "$5/hr for a software engineer with over 20 years"
This proposal must be fake(clickbait) , and move on.

Hope you will see my point of view in this post.

c4cb591d
Community Member

I've tried various rate from lowest to highest, same results.

petra_r
Community Member

Ge L wrote:

I replied back that I have done an app that is almost exactly as their requirements and at the cheapest possible rate $5/hr and still no reply, 

What makes you think that quality clients would risk their important projects by hiring freelancers at dumping prices?

Ge L wrote:

$5/hr for a software engineer with over 20 years, and they still don't even bother to reply back.

Your cheap bids are likely declined or archived unread because clients with any sense understand that they won't get any kind of expert at that kind of money...

Ge L wrote:

I'm beginning to think this is UW is paying someone to post fake job listings.

Don't be ridiculous.

Just because your poorly ghought through tactic of "If I bid the lowest price, the client will hire me" is (for obvious reasons) failing and clients don't want to hire you doesn't mean there is a conspiracy.

Maybe take a long, hard look at your profile and your proposals and start thinking about what makes them unattractive to clients...

c4cb591d
Community Member

It doesn't matter if I bid $5/hr or $50/hr, fake job posters never reply, they just expired.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths