🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wasting time from client with discussions
Page options
deepakrorain1983
Community Member

Wasting time from client with discussions

Here is the client "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" who made discussions with me and we were almost ready to start work..i got all understandings form him and i feel that was ready to go further on the job with me. But suddenly he stopped replying and after 30-40 mins when i asked him again and again "where did i was mistaken" then he said he will go with someone elsethat is ok if he want to go.. but at-least after discussion when i got all understandings how client can behave like this.

Please make some policy where client can ask few things before start big discussion so that if employee will not full-fill his answers the time should not waste on long discussions.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Deepak A wrote:

Here is the client "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" who made discussions with me and we were almost ready to start work..i got all understandings form him and i feel that was ready to go further on the job with me

You were being interviewed and the client decided against working with you. Maybe you were ready, the client was not.

Deepak A wrote:

But suddenly he stopped replying and after 30-40 mins when i asked him again and again "where did i was mistaken"

Why were you harassing the client?

Deepak A wrote:

Please make some policy where client can ask few things before start big discussion so that if employee will not full-fill his answers the time should not waste on long discussions.

You are a freelancer. That makes you someone who makes his own policies. It's down to you to manage how much time you spend on interviews. You are not an "employee" - there is no "employee" or "employer" in this. There is no need for upwork to interfere, it's your job to manage your business.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Deepak A wrote:

Here is the client "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" who made discussions with me and we were almost ready to start work..i got all understandings form him and i feel that was ready to go further on the job with me

You were being interviewed and the client decided against working with you. Maybe you were ready, the client was not.

Deepak A wrote:

But suddenly he stopped replying and after 30-40 mins when i asked him again and again "where did i was mistaken"

Why were you harassing the client?

Deepak A wrote:

You are a freelancer. That makes you someone who makes his own policies. It's down to you to manage how much time you spend on interviews. You are not an "employee" - there is no "employee" or "employer" in this. There is no need for upwork to interfere, it's your job to manage your business.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths