🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: We do not want to see the lenght of propo...
Page options
dee8ec09
Community Member

We do not want to see the lenght of proposal: 10-15

We won't see the actual number of proposals like 5 or 11.

Santo
12 REPLIES 12
JoanneP

Hi Rifat,

If you are referring to getting the exact number of proposals received, it will give you an estimate. Please let us know if you have further clarifications. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rifat S wrote:

We won't see the actual number of proposals like 5 or 11.

Who is we? 

Actually, it would really help to know a more specific number. 20-50 is a big range. I'd be more likely to bid on a project if I knew that there were 21 proposals already, as opposed to 49.

Going off on a slight tangent - my inner pedant gives out a little whelp every time I see 'less than 5'. 

Jamie F wrote:

Going off on a slight tangent - my inner pedant gives out a little whelp every time I see 'less than 5'. 

Not again......

My inner pedant throws a tantrum when I see a self-proclaimed "native or bililingual" English speaker produce word-salad such as the original post.

Give your inner pedant free reign, Jamie F.

There are more than a fair few outer pedants who roam this message board.

Rifat,

yes, I agree that it would be nice to see the exact number.

But I don't think this is going to change.

Still... many things HAVE changed over the years as a result of user requests. Upwork even started giving free connects again, and stopped penalizing JSS for contracts closed without client feedback.

So there IS the theoretical possibility of changing how the number of job applicants is displayed.

Jamie F wrote:

To me, that's in the same category as the twaddle about not splitting infinitives in English. But I'm sure a puppy dies every time someone takes 'actions'.  'Action' is an uncountable noun, and this really is the sort of English up with which I will not put.

lysis10
Community Member

Speaking of inner pedants, right-click search google for images on portfolio.

Jennifer M wrote:

Did you report this already?

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

No, I'm bitter about watching them just get flagged and then take the stuff out of their portfolio and Upwork gives them the account back.

Jennifer M wrote:

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

No, I'm bitter about watching them just get flagged and then take the stuff out of their portfolio and Upwork gives them the account back.

Hmmm. Maybe the designer(s) who actually created the work would be interested in taking further action.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths