🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » We need a calendar invite feature on Upwork, ...
Page options
analyst_nemanja
Community Member

We need a calendar invite feature on Upwork, plus-why is time shown for clients almost always wrong?

1. Time zones for the clients I speak to, as shown in Upwork, are rarely correct. More often than not, they are completely wrong. Lately, I had a prospective client whose time zone was shown as CET, while she was actually in CST. That's an 8 hours time difference. This makes pre-contract meeting scheduling difficult, as each time I have to ask the client to confirm their time zone.
  2. We need some sort of calendar invites to meetings here. I have been told by multiple clients lately that many freelancers exchange their email addresses with clients BEFORE they enter a contract, which enables them to schedule meetings using Google Calendar. When I refuse to do so, explaining that it would be a breach of Upwork TOS, some clients simply don't want to bother with me and go to freelancers who don't mind breaching TOS for convenience.

Upwork should really do something about these issues. How do you, other freelancers, resolve this?
6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Nemanja,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us. We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

This situation with calendar invites is getting out of hand. I am losing job opportunities more and more often, just because I refuse to breach TOS by accepting a calendar invite before a contract is initiated. More and more, clients completely ignore all messages I may send if I don't use calendar invites.

If Upwork can't implement a calendar system of your own, why can't your tech team automatically block links to calendar websites, as soon as someone tries to post them? Fiverr has had this feature for years.  

Or should I report all clients who send calendar invites and refuse to accept pre-contract communication according to Upwork's TOS? 

I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to our team, Nemanja.

Unfortunately, we don't have any new information about this feature. We'll definitely let the Community know if anything changes. You are free to use a scheduling tool that does not require the sharing of contact information. You may also use Upwork Messages to discuss and set up an interview.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bb9bec8d
Community Member

Please advise me on scheduling meetings with Google calendar via Upwork. When I click the scheduling button, it simply says that it's connected with **Edited for Community Guidelines**, but doesn't allow access to the calendar.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi ,

You can check this help article to learn all about how to Send a Meeting Invitation. If you're still experiencing issues after following the instructions please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
alexandernovikov
Community Member

mmm but there is a calendar invite feature here no? "schedule a meeting with X"? what's wrong about it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members