Did you mean: 

We need notification if client edits job details

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
11 of 23

Hi Suzanne,

@Suzanne N wrote:

Chris,

I would rather see that no one can edit a job after it has been accepted.

I think that would be too inflexible. The simple solution is to make it like Elance - whenever the client wants to amend the terms they submit the changes and then they have to be approved by the Freelancer and vica-versa before they become effective.

The Elance model is virtually perfect in many areas of functionality - in my opinion. I still don't understand why UpWork hasn't used the Elance model for it's base.

Garnor has said '...We'll revisit this with our Product development team so they can consider the suggestion.'

So hopefully we might see the approval of edits to job terms being implemented sometime in the future - sooner the better.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 23

@Chris M wrote:

Hi Suzanne,

@Suzanne N wrote:

Chris,

I would rather see that no one can edit a job after it has been accepted.

I think that would be too inflexible. The simple solution is to make it like Elance - whenever the client wants to amend the terms they submit the changes and then they have to be approved by the Freelancer and vica-versa before they become effective.

The Elance model is virtually perfect in many areas of functionality - in my opinion. I still don't understand why UpWork hasn't used the Elance model for it's base.

Garnor has said '...We'll revisit this with our Product development team so they can consider the suggestion.'

So hopefully we might see the approval of edits to job terms being implemented sometime in the future - sooner the better.

Chris,

Garnor also said in the link I posted earlier to you...

In reviewing this with the team, we're going to take another look at the functionality and consider "locking" the job post from further edits after you've been hired. We see the importance of clear and final project details for both parties to reference. I don't have timing on this yet, but this has been added to our roadmap.

Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
13 of 23

Hi Suzanne,

Locking job post from further edits after hiring is OK. But we still need to be able to edit the terms after being hired, subject to approval by both parties, to allow for some re-negotiation if required. Projects sometimes have unexpected variables in them and it's good to have a system for making adjustments to the terms during a project. The 'New Terms Acceptance' system - by both Client and Freelancer - prevents abuse.

As I mentioned earlier - it works great that way in Elance so Upwork should just go ahead and implement it. It's not as if it's removing any features, itwould be improving the process.

Community Guru
14 of 23

I won't argue with you, but just because one system works on one site does not mean it will work on another.

Community Guru
15 of 23

Fergus,

We are entitled to our opinions. When you are on the end that your JS drops by 6% because you get a client who decides he wants you to do something entirely different then what you were hired for please come back and tell me I am wrong.

Ace Contributor
Rahul G Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
16 of 23

I don't know why, but my opinion is coming in the mid of this discussion, may be because I clicked "Reply" to the very next to the comment of Garnor. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 23

Hi Rahul,

@Rahul G wrote:

I don't know why, but my opinion is coming in the mid of this discussion, may be because I clicked "Reply" to the very next to the comment of Garnor. 

It depends on how you sort the post on the thread. If you click on "Topic Options" you should be able to choose from:

- Sort by Topics

- Sort Oldest to Newest

- Sort Newest to Oldest

I prefer to sort Newest to Oldest soI can see the most recently posted comment on the top of the page.

I hope it helps

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
18 of 23

@Valeria K wrote:
....I prefer to sort Newest to Oldest so[]I can see the most recently posted comment on the top of the page.

Valeria,

I might prefer that, too, if it worked as described. It doesn't, since (I surmise) replies are still threaded back to their "parent" before the next-most-recent post appears. I assume since your job requires you to stay on top of the most recent posts, you are aware of this. Just mentioning it for the sake of any others who want to try it.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
19 of 23

Amazingly, this feature works for me. Michael, your post came out on top.

Ela

Edit:

And now mine is the first post.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
20 of 23

@Ela K wrote:

And now mine is the first post.

nope.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS