cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support

khalidsb15

I m in creating my profile stage and the site do not wont to submit my informations Even i fullfil all the informations.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru

Maybe the problem is that you have mistakenly set your level of English skill at "Fluent," rather than "Basic" ... ?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru

Maybe the problem is that you have mistakenly set your level of English skill at "Fluent," rather than "Basic" ... ?

View solution in original post

Why should i set as Basic ..??

@Khalid S wrote:

Because you have very poor control of grammar, syntax, and word choice. You write English at less than a "Conversational" level.

If you describe your level of English in a way that misleads clients, many clients are apt to believe that the mistake was a deliberate attempt to mislead them--to "puff up" your language/communication skills. These clients tend to then dismiss you as a potential freelancer, on the very reasonable theory that you are likely to be misleading them about other skills, as well.

@Khalid S wrote:

Because it *is*

Well done, Khalid! You have been offered good advice, at no cost, from disinterested persons who know what they are talking about. You took the advice, rather than arguing the point.

Well done, indeed!

Not working

Hi Ridham,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify the issue you are experiencing so that I can check and assist you? I checked your account and can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. Please update the missing fields and try to resubmit your profile for review. If you are experiencing any issues with submitting your profile for review, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue.

Something went wrong

I have the same issue and it can not let me resubmit.

Hi Abdul,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi community,

2 days before I mentioned my issue here, and got a response within few hours(thanks for that), they asked me to upload few of my documents and I do that, today I receive the mail by Upwork that is

"Hi Abdul,
Congratulations! Your identification has been reviewed and accepted.
Thanks for helping us maintain a trusted workplace for all.
This portion of your account review is now complete. If there are additional issues being reviewed, the appropriate team has been notified that your documents have been accepted. If no other reviews are needed, you can now submit proposals. If you need tips  on getting started, check out A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork."

But unfortunately, I am seeing this message on the screen "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

Kindly resolve my issue and allow me bidding I have been successfully approved my document. I request you to remove this error from my account. I will be thankful.

Best Regards,

Abdul Rehman

Hi Abdul,

If you have any additional questions feel free to post them directly on your ticket. Our team will also update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sophietran
Janean,

There is a nicer and a lot more professional way of delivering your "advice."

Khalid asked a sincere question and appreciated your advice. As professionals, we should always support each other in a positive way and recognize that we work in a global economy with people of all levels of knowledge, skills, and background.

Some of the sharpest minds I've worked with are the ones who don't have perfect English.

After all, how we approach others is a reflection of who we are both personally and professionally.

Best,

Sophie

Sophie T wrote: . As professionals, we should always support each other in a positive way and recognize that we work in a global economo with people of all levels of knowledge, skills, and background.

....... and other than dragging up a long defunct thread to try and admonish and patronise one of the most helpful members of this community, your "support" of others on this forum has been...... what, exactly?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS