🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » We seem to be having a problem
Page options
ronlorraine
Community Member

We seem to be having a problem

I can login to the website but when I try to login to my panel and you ask for my mothers maiden name it no longer works? Tried your reset and it doesn't work either. Now my mom passed away 24 years ago so I'm sure she didn't change anything. So how to I get this fixed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found the solution on my own after spending hours. In the email Upwork sends you don't try to reset your security password just click on this is not me. This took me to the page I needed to reset my security password. Makes no sense but it works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ronlorraine
Community Member

And do look at this link you emailed me. The page is kind of a mess don't you think?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?frkscc=PXVzmhMX3nKo

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. You can use this form provided in this help article to reset your password or security question. Please, let us know if you experience any issues while resetting your security question so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Well thank you for the link but everything is "have you forgotten". How do you forget your mothers maiden name. I submitted a ticket on this so will wait and see. Not sure how I proceed forward with my clients though since it looks like I'm working for free right now.

Perhaps your mother's maiden name has spelling variants?

Hi Preston, always like reading your posts. So for all my life my mothers maiden name has been **edited for Community Guidelines**, Irish by the way. So now what has changed? And support here runs me in a loop on changing anything. Working tonight Aussie time then catch a few hours of sleep and work on USA time. Don't need this type of pain in my, well you know.

So here we are on day 3 and I can continue to work on my projects but can't login to pull out money to paypal and my back account. So currently I'm just donating all the work I do to upwork.  On my ticket I sent them screenshots of the continued loop they have me in. The one thing I don't understand is why my mothers maiden name no longer works? If someone has an answer to this I would like to here it!

Found the solution on my own after spending hours. In the email Upwork sends you don't try to reset your security password just click on this is not me. This took me to the page I needed to reset my security password. Makes no sense but it works.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members