🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » We want 2 connects for bid Up to $5 to $100
Page options
nazibuddaula
Community Member

We want 2 connects for bid Up to $5 to $100

After change free bid system we see upwork eating 4 connect for $50 project. I think this is costly for upworker. already upwork also change their fee 10% to 20% So we can request to upwork decision maker for change their bid cost. please aproove 2 connect for $5 to $100. 4 connects for $101 to $500 and 6 connect for from $501 to -----.

We also request for 2 connect for any client if their payment method is unverified. Because lot of fake client posted job with big budget but at last we see they are not hire any one or tried froad upworker. 

17 REPLIES 17
tlsanders
Community Member

Nazibuddaula N wrote:

After change free bid system we see upwork eating 4 connect for $50 project. I think this is costly for upworker. already upwork also change their fee 10% to 20% So we can request to upwork decision maker for change their bid cost. please aproove 2 connect for $5 to $100. 4 connects for $101 to $500 and 6 connect for from $501 to -----.

We also request for 2 connect for any client if their payment method is unverified. Because lot of fake client posted job with big budget but at last we see they are not hire any one or tried froad upworker. 

This does seem overpriced, but probably it is because Upwork doesn't really want $50 jobs. By making it less cost-effective for freelancers to bid on them, this becomes a worse environment for small, one-off jobs that aren't profitable for Upwork.

I think its overpriced. For example some one posted $50 project and at least 50 worker submited proposal on this. So here is upwork income 50*$.60=$30 and upwork fee $10. so is it not profitable for Upwork? From a $50 project upwork earned $40.

On the other hand it upwork does not want low budget project so why you aprooved 5$ to $50 project. when upwork aproove this kind of project freelance must be applied their because lot of newbies here.

Please do not mind for this reply

Nazibuddaula N wrote:

I think its overpriced. For example some one posted $50 project and at least 50 worker submited proposal on this. So here is upwork income 50*$.60=$30 and upwork fee $10. so is it not profitable for Upwork? From a $50 project upwork earned $40.

On the other hand it upwork does not want low budget project so why you aprooved 5$ to $50 project. when upwork aproove this kind of project freelance must be applied their because lot of newbies here.

I think you just answered your own question.

yes thanks 

Melissa R wrote:
Why doesn’t Upwork want $50 jobs?

Because they are not as profitable as large, long term, high value client / freelancer relationships.

Petra R wrote:

Melissa R wrote:
Why doesn’t Upwork want $50 jobs?

Because they are not as profitable as large, long term, high value client / freelancer relationships.

And they often take MORE customer service, since lowball clients and freelancers who really need those small amounts of money can be much higher maintenance. How often do you see people report in the forums that they disputed a $50 job and Upwork just refunded the client and gave the freelancer $50 out of its own pocket to avoid wasting further time on the conflict?

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

We must follow the terms and conditions in this platform.

Ofcourse we will follow Upworks Terms and condition but we can demand to upwork somethings. Then Upwork decision maker will decide they will accept or not. 

Exactly.

Upwork should either create a separate platform for these low paying jobs so they can pay less fees and receive less support from Upwork. OR Upwork should prevent these jobs from being posted in the first place. 

Alexander B wrote:

Exactly.

Upwork should either create a separate platform for these low paying jobs so they can pay less fees and receive less support from Upwork. OR Upwork should prevent these jobs from being posted in the first place. 

Or, Upwork could rely on its own data, collected across tens of thousands of jobs, and draw its own conclusions rather than acting on the randomly-generated opinions of individual freelancers.

I'm guessing (like the rest of you), but I suspect the reason Upwork doesn't entirely rule out those small jobs is that many of them lead to the type of work that Upwork DOES want. I myself took on a $50 job when I first started on Upwork that continued for the full two years of our Upwork commitment and beyond. Across those two years, that client paid me thousands of dollars, generating hundreds of dollars in fees with zero service required from Upwork. I imagine that's fairly common, and Upwork isn't especially interested in cutting off those long-term client relationships simply because the initial job posted was small.

What Tiffany said - X 10.

dzadza
Community Member

I see that clients with unverified payment method are getting far less proposals for their job postings since paid connects were introduced - which is a good thing. If they don't want to verify their payment method - I don't consider them serious clients

petra_r
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

I see that clients with unverified payment method are getting far less proposals for their job postings since paid connects were introduced -

Goodie, more business for me because I go after them cheerfully if I love the project.

dzadza
Community Member

well, yeah - most of my clients are new clients and startups and those are one off jobs... I just noticed that they are getting less proposals nowadays (and they rarely interview and hire, lol)

lysis10
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

well, yeah - most of my clients are new clients and startups and those are one off jobs... I just noticed that they are getting less proposals nowadays (and they rarely interview and hire, lol)

Out of 50 proposals, you might might get 2-3 people who aren't frauds and have the skill set that you want. Since freelancers won't bid on new clients, it's possible they aren't getting any good proposals and that's why people say clients aren't hiring.

It's kinda interesting to watch. Someone like me with a background you would think would go for the easy clients that have history, but I find I don't like workign with people who know how to work the system. Also, new clients tend to be hands-off and just let me do my thing without constant updates like old Upwork clients that have been burned.

dzadza
Community Member

agreed! in my category, worst clients are the ones with verified payment method and a few hundred jobs behind them, lol. those are usually people who work with agencies (and those agencies work with bigger agencies) - so you're like 5th in line - at the bottom, of course. They always "know" what the client (who is at the top of the "food chain") wants - and they're always sure they don't want to pay much...and I don't blame them one bit - with so many people involved, it would be a miracle if they started paying normal rates...
tlsanders
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

I see that clients with unverified payment method are getting far less proposals for their job postings since paid connects were introduced - which is a good thing. If they don't want to verify their payment method - I don't consider them serious clients

It IS a good thing--I love having less competition for the client demographic that has been most lucrative for me on Upwork.

There are exceptions, but for the most part clients with a long Upwork history are not clients I want to work with. Those who come seeking a specific skill set they don't have themselves and don't have access to in house tend to pay more and better appreciate the value of what they're purchasing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members