🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Weekly Delayed Payments for Top-Rated and...
Page options
nadinejpg
Community Member

Weekly Delayed Payments for Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus freelancers

I have noticed that since the UpWork initiated early payouts for Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus freelancers, the time of releasing hasn't been consistent and there have been cases when the freelancer wasn't able to withdraw their funds for a duration of time. On the freelancer POV, esp those that live in a 3rd world country and is relying on the timely releasing of funds, this is frustrating to say the least. Has there been any solution from UpWork's side to resolve the problem, or do all Top-Rated and Top Rated Plus freelancers have to create a weekly ticket?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your message. I understand you have a question about the status of your payment. I certainly understand the importance of getting paid and will be happy to provide assistance. Weekly hourly invoices for Top Rated freelancers are processed by 11:59pm Friday (UTC). The specific timing of payment depends on many internal factors as a backend routine runs to release the payments. Until the job executes on your payment it may appear as “pending”, however as soon as it is released you will be notified. We do not see any issues with this process today and are always closely monitoring it to ensure successful payments are made. You can Subscribe to this thread to be updated when all cleared payments have been released. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
regiemon
Community Member

Before you can get it between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. PH time. But now...

any solutions from UpWork's end?

albutra_joeric
Community Member

Same issue. You'll probably have to be used to it.

alvin_pagayanan
Community Member

I've experienced it many times over the last few years as TR Plus. Trust me, no further solutions from UW as I have filed complaints before but no improvement. I used to withdraw funds as early as 9am-10am 4 years ago but now... and you will need to get used to it. Downside of UW. 😞 lol

PradeepH

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your message. I understand you have a question about the status of your payment. I certainly understand the importance of getting paid and will be happy to provide assistance. Weekly hourly invoices for Top Rated freelancers are processed by 11:59pm Friday (UTC). The specific timing of payment depends on many internal factors as a backend routine runs to release the payments. Until the job executes on your payment it may appear as “pending”, however as soon as it is released you will be notified. We do not see any issues with this process today and are always closely monitoring it to ensure successful payments are made. You can Subscribe to this thread to be updated when all cleared payments have been released. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members