Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Limit Reach

harrymon12
Ace Contributor
Harrison D Member Since: Jan 29, 2014
1 of 13
What if the weekly hours per week has reach its limit and I stiil work, will it be compensated on next week hourly limit? For example, if my weekly limit is 10hours/week and I reach my weekly limit and I still work until I have worked 11hours this week. Can the 1 hour excess will be deducted on the next week hourly limit?
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 13
It will not be added to next week. You just worked an hour for no pay. The client put an weekly time limit on your job because that is all they wanted to pay for. The time tracker gives you a big giant notice across the top of your screen that your limit is reached and you will not be paid for anything over that.
harrymon12
Ace Contributor
3 of 13
Thanks Margaret. You have been a great help to me.
slashi
Viacheslav S Member Since: May 11, 2017
4 of 13

you will not be paid for anything over that.

Not exactly true - the banner does not say that you won't be paid for overtime.  Upwork should have cared better about the user expectations.  Adding such explanation to the banned would eliminate emerging this kind of post.

ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
5 of 13
oDesk does not bill clients for overtime and it doesn't get carried over the next work week. It's prudent that you have a prior arrangement with your client before going overtime. My 10-hour-weekly-limit client paid me for overtime last week.
harrymon12
Ace Contributor
6 of 13
Thanks Francisco. You have been a great help to me.
blackwingvin
Vinod N Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
7 of 13

Thanks guys, I'm new to upworks and this post really helped. 

ViN

aps_alfredbale
Alfred S Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
8 of 13

Now I know. Smiley Happy I am also new to upworks and this post really helped. Thank you

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
9 of 13

You're working "for" a client; with whom you establish some "rules".

You don't get run off willy-nilly running up hours.

slashi
Viacheslav S Member Since: May 11, 2017
10 of 13

That's fine - we're discussing the confusion for freelancers when the Upwork tracker allows tracking overtime without explaining the consequences. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS