Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Limit Reach

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 13

@Viacheslav S wrote:

That's fine - we're discussing the confusion for freelancers when the Upwork tracker allows tracking overtime without explaining the consequences. 

How much clearer than showing as red, flashing up warnings and explaining it on the work diary do you need it to be?

slashi
Viacheslav S Member Since: May 11, 2017
12 of 13

It shouldn't enable doing this - red flashes are not explained and that's the problem (which you don't seem to understand).  Enabled overtracking leads to confusion.  If you say that `rules` must be followed - then just don't enable breaking the rules in the UI.

Btw good job in protecting Upwork, but who would care about freelancers?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 13

@Viacheslav S wrote:

It shouldn't enable doing this - red flashes are not explained and that's the problem (which you don't seem to understand).

OK, so red traffic lights aren't enough, there should be road blocks so people can't drive when they're red? Which part of "weekly limit" is so difficult to understand? The "per week" part or the "limit" part? Do people really need an elaborate explanation for what a limit is?

I am not in favour of protecting people from their own laziness and incompetence. It does not encourage learning. When you enter a contract you can be expected to inform yourself of the terms.

If you don't, can't or can't be bothered you learn the hard way. Darwin at it's simplest.

I've logged well over 11.000 hours. Somehow I've got paid for all of them. Why do you think that is?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS