🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Weekly Retainer
Page options
pgosswami
Community Member

Weekly Retainer

Hi,

My client hired me on a Weekly Retainer hourly basis. I am working with the time tracker. End of the week I am getting a double salary. what should I do? Should I avoid the time tracker? If I work without the time tracker, will I get payment? Thanks In Advance.

Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pritam,

Your client has set up Weekly payments on your contract as well. This means that even if you don't track your time, you will receive the payment each week.
Please communicate with your client further about this. If they would like to remove this, they will need to end the current contract and rehire you on a new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pritam,

Your client has set up Weekly payments on your contract as well. This means that even if you don't track your time, you will receive the payment each week.
Please communicate with your client further about this. If they would like to remove this, they will need to end the current contract and rehire you on a new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Does it any cost if my client ends the contract and again hire me?

Hi Pritam,

Are you asking if your client will have any additional charges? No, they won't. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello
A little more clarification on weekly retainer , i got a client who put me on a weekly retainer and now wants me to refund the money because services were not delivered despite the fact that I reached out to them severally and they still insisted that the contract was still valid

Please advise

Hi Betty,

I would recommend to communicate with your client directly and I hope that you will come to a positive solution for both parties. To learn how you're protected on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

re: "A little more clarification on weekly retainer , i got a client who put me on a weekly retainer and now wants me to refund the money because services were not delivered despite the fact that I reached out to them severally and they still insisted that the contract was still valid"

The client is incorrect.

I am a client.

I hired a freelancer using a weekly retainer.

I understand that this means that the freelancer will be paid a specific amount each week REGARDLESS of what she does. It will be automatic.

I know that this is how weekly retainers work.

I can END the contract at any time.

If I end a contract, then during the week I end it, I pay only a pro-rated amount.

I don't get to ask for a "refund" for weekly retainer payments.

That make no sense.

A client who asks for a refund is for weekly retainer payments is using the Upwork system INCORRECTLY.

A freelancer should not agree to any such refund.

Thank you so much for this information

Hi! Is this prorated amount automatically billed? I just ended a retainer and wanted to pay a prorated amount as a bonus (thinking the freelancer will not get paid), but i thought to do some research first.

Hi Uzezzi,

Yes, the weekly retainer is automatically billed after the billing week is over. If you end the retainer before the billing week is over, you will not be charged the following week.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths