Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Timelog Doesn't Show Memos.

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
1 of 6

Given the few posts lately about people losing money because they didn't add a memo to the time tracker, I've been keeping a closer eye on it.

I looked at the Weekly Timelog and it claims that there are no memos but on my daily work diary, there are memos (at least in the list view there are).

Is this another "feature" from Upwork to make our work easier? Or am I doing something wrong?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi David,

If you haven't already, could you please submit a support ticket with more details about what contract and what logged hours you are referring to? We'll have the team investigate it further.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 6

Okay, I sent in a ticket with some screenshots to show the problem.

Thanks

Highlighted
4 of 6

Thanks, David! Let me follow up about it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 6

David,

It looks like there are descriptions of active windows for the logs you are referring to, but there aren't any memos.

To clarify, the information about the active window is recorded automatically and displayed in the first column but memos have to be entered by freelancer and will appear in the second column of the list view of the Work Diary.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 6

Hi, Valeria.

I talked to support and it turns out that I needed to hit update memo after typing in the memo. If I don't hit update, them the memo is just classified as information about the active window..

In the old tracker, we would just type in the memo and that's it. But with the new memo, you have to type it in and then hit update memo.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS