🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Weekly limit change by client.
Page options
0ea116c8
Community Member

Weekly limit change by client.

Hello

I have a client who I had tracked 34 hours (tracked correctly through the app) and worked on their project but they later changed the limit to 0 making all the hours I had worked not be protected by the hourly contract because the hours are showing as over the limit set by the client. It seems like I won't be paid for this hours yet the limit was changed after working. The client is disputing the hours and therefore doesn't believe they should pay me. I thought I was protected by the hourly contract. The weekly limit was changed after I had worked. What do I need to do to get paid for the hours I worked?

8 REPLIES 8
spectralua
Community Member

Limit decreasing works for new time. All already tracked must be your.

But limit increasing works for time already added.

It was before. Maybe some changes last time.

somehow, the client was able to decrease the limit to be less than already tracked, that is what I don't understand

I am not sure how that is even possible

lysis10
Community Member

Lowered limits don't take effect until the following week. Did you go over the limit the following week? Maybe this is a bug if if's for the current week. It even says in the message that a reduction in time limits take effect the following week.

0ea116c8
Community Member

It wasn't the following week, it is the current week

0ea116c8
Community Member

Actually, it is this current week we are in. I worked on Monday and Tuesday, the limit was changed on Thursday and all the hours were immediately marked as over the limit. 

Hi Sammy,

I am sorry to hear about your contract. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that your contract has been paused and your client has initiated a dispute process for the logged hours.

I can see that you've also raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you to clarify this situation. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I believe the dispute you are referring to is for the previous week. The hours I am talking about are for this week (which I know cannot be disputed untill the week ends) and have been marked as over limit. I know that shouldn't happen. Anyway, yes, I have raised a ticket for the issue and I will be waiting for to hear back. I hope they also do not misunderstand the hours I am talking about. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths