🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Weekly retainer
Page options
missrosaly
Community Member

Weekly retainer

Hi, I'm a freelancer and I requested to a client to pay me in a weekly basis but he couldn't find the weekly retainer option. So I logged in to my client account and I've tried to create a job, I also couldn't find the weekly retainer option. Is this still available or not anymore?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So I logged in to my client account and I've tried to create a job"

You need to ask the client to change his password to a password that you do not know.

The client will never again share his password with you, and you will never again log into your client's Upwork account.

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for any user to log into another user's account. You did not know that, and I don't want either client or freelancer to be sanctioned in this specific situation. But now that you are both aware of this rule, I know that you will not do this again.

As for the weekly retainer option...

It is called "Weekly Payments", and it is something that can only be set when an hourly contract is created. In order to set this up, the client must close the current contract, and look for that option when he creates a new account.

The client should look in the Advanced Options section when setting up the contract.

weekly payment.png

@Preston

I'm pretty sure Rosaly means she logged in to her own personal client account to see where the option is supposed to be so she could explain it to the client (she says 'my' client account).

Preston H wrote:

re: "So I logged in to my client account and I've tried to create a job"

You need to ask the client to change his password to a password that you do not know.

The client will never again share his password with you, and you will never again log into your client's Upwork account.

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for any user to log into another user's account

You understand the difference between "I logged into my client's account" and "I logged into my client account"?

Hi Preston,

"So I logged in to MY client account and I've tried to create a job", that means I logged in to my personal client Upwork account and not to the client I've applied for to have the weekly payment. I did not violate any ToS. Please read a post carefullt before you conclude something.

Anyway, thanks for the help on the weekly retainer question.

Rosaly:
I clearly failed to read and understand your post correctly. I can see that you didn't violate any rules. You were only trying to undestand the client-side interface better so that you could offer advice to someone.

I stand corrected.

Weekly retainer option is still available in Upwork.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members