cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly time limit and Time Tracker

Highlighted
Moustafa A Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
1 of 3

Hi, I started an hour job, and my client made a 5hr/week limit,  he sent the task and I will start today!

when I read about Weekly Billing Cycle, I read this:

Weekly Billing Period

The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. All Reports in Upwork are based on this standardized timing.

On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. Upwork charges their primary billing method and sends a reminder to review their contract’s Work Diary.

I don't understand, Are there are any problems if I started today and turn on the time tracker or I should start on Monday?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

Mustafa A wrote:

Hi, I started an hour job, and my client made a 5hr/week limit,  he sent the task and I will start today!

when I read about Weekly Billing Cycle, I read this:

Weekly Billing Period

The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. All Reports in Upwork are based on this standardized timing.

On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. Upwork charges their primary billing method and sends a reminder to review their contract’s Work Diary.

I don't understand, Are there are any problems if I started today and turn on the time tracker or I should start on Monday?

No need to wait, you are during the current work week, which started on Monday. so you can work for up to 5 hours between now and Sunday night. On Monday a new work week (with a new weekly limit of 5 hours...)

Highlighted
Rahul S Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
3 of 3

start today

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS