🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Weird Archived Message
Page options
es5623
Community Member

Weird Archived Message

I recived 2 messages today asking me if I wanted to do business with them and that they had a big project and if I was interested to ping them at thier (they gave me a phone# and an email).  Now the message is greyed out and says that "(the client) does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".
What happend?

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

What happened?

You may never know for certain. It doesn't really matter. Those people are are not available to hire you.

What PROBABLY happened is that you encountered some scoundrels who were up to no good, trying to steal money from freelancers. Before they could get very far dragging you into their scam, somebody else reported them and Upwork shut them down.

JoanneP

Hi Emily,

Could you please share the contract ID so I can check this for you? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I just had a similar experience.  I received an oddly written message today from **Edited for Community Guidelines** (which has been archived somehow) wanting me to reply directly to an email outside of Upwork.  It appears to be Japan based.  I'm not replying to it but I did want to report it.  

Thanks,

Karl

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I checked your report and it seems that an action has been taken on the client account for violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. You already noticed that the Message room with the client has been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members