🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Weird Job Invitation
Page options
alexis-arinze
Community Member

Weird Job Invitation

I just got invited for this acting job. This is odd because my services are nowhere near in that category and he's asking me if I'm comfortable with nudity scenes. I'm just making this thread to ask if this is a reportable posting. Can clients create a posting that requires freelancers to film themsevles wearing next to nothing for some unspecified film? I'm worried that it might just be some creep on UpWork looking for an unsuspecting victim. Thanks for any guidcance or clarification! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
browning_margie
Community Member

5 REPLIES 5
browning_margie
Community Member

REPORT IT!!!!!!!

Thanks lol, will do. I was afraid I was being uptight for a sec but it should definitely be reported.

Of course this creep should be reported. There's nothing in your profile to suggest that you're looking for any acting or modelling work, so I'm surprised that you even need to ask if this is suspicious - why would any legitimate client need a writer to send nude footage of herself? At any rate, Upwork doesn't allow "adult" content.

Christine A wrote:

Of course this creep should be reported. There's nothing in your profile to suggest that you're looking for any acting or modelling work, so I'm surprised that you even need to ask if this is suspicious - why would any legitimate client need a writer to send nude footage of herself? At any rate, Upwork doesn't allow "adult" content.

I agree. I'm new to the platform so I wasn't completely sure if gigs like that were absurd or not. 

JoanneP

Hi Alexis,

If you see a job or invitation that looks suspicious or inappropriate, you can flag it using the flagging option found on every job post or Upwork profile. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You can also send me a PM with the link to this job post including a screenshot, and I will share it with our team. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members