Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird bug showing too little worked hours on my profile page

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cristian B Member Since: Aug 23, 2017
1 of 6

Hi guys,

So under *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***  job from my profile page, which is in progress, and it has over 1000 worked hours, my profile shows only 1 worked hour for that specific job Smiley Happy That's an expensive hour if you ask me Smiley Tongue

Just thought I'd report the bug.

Cheers,

Chris

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 6

Hi Cristian, 

Please know that only hours logged on the Upwork Desktop App will reflect on your Work History. Only one hour was logged for this contract using the app, and the rest were manual time which is why only one hour is showing on your Work History.

I'm sorry if my initial post has confused everyone. We have double-confirmed the information shared with me by the team, and Vladimir has shared the correct information. The team has confirmed that this is a bug and are working on resolving the issue soon.  

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
3 of 6

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Cristian, 

Please know that only hours logged on the Upwork Desktop App will reflect on your Work History. Only one hour was logged for this contract using the app, and the rest were manual time which is why only one hour is showing on your Work History. 

??? 

That is not true! I only log manual time and all hours worked (still) show up on my profile (work history). I hope this is not a change Upwork is seriously considering implementing...

And if so - don't you think this sort of update would warrant some kind of announcement?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for following up and sharing your concern in the Community. I checked your profile and while the total number of hours worked across all contracts reflect the correct information, I do see that under your active job post only one hour is being shown, which is incorrect. Your recently submitted support request is already escalated to our Technical team and you'll receive an update on your open ticket as soon as possible. We apologize for the incorrectly displayed information, rest assured our team will correct the error and ensure the correct number of hours you logged on this contract is displayed under the contract.

Following up on Avery's response, I can confirm that time logged both manually and with the Desktop app is reflected in the freelancers' Work History and profile. Sorry about the confusion.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

It seems all open contracts with over 1000 hours show as "1" now - I have one of them too. - Real hours worked = over 1400 - on profile = 1

(NO need to create a ticket, presumably it'll get fixed when it gets fixed.)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

It might be EVERYONE's contracts over 1000 hours were affected.

1400.jpg

1412.jpg

NO NEED FOR A TICKET! I assume mine will be fixed as and when everyone else's is...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS