bobafett999

Well I need help from MOD or my 'friends'

This question was asked before, but I forgot the answer and can't find that thread.

I am working on two hourly contracts (first time in my Upwork career).  By mistake I did not switch the clients.  I was using time tracker.  What do I do now?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r

@Prashant P wrote:

This question was asked before, but I forgot the answer and can't find that thread.

I am working on two hourly contracts (first time in my Upwork career).  By mistake I did not switch the clients.  I was using time tracker.  What do I do now?

Go to your work diary

Select the contract you wrongly logged time to.

Take a screenshop of the block of time you logged to the wrong client.

Delete the time from the wrong work diary by selecting the segments via the check boxes and then clicking the "Delete" button towards the top of the page

Trim the screenshot so it contains no info about the "other client"

Send the screenshot to the "right" client and explain what happened and ask if it would be OK to use manual time.

Personally, unless it's a lot of time, I just delete it from the wrong diary and don't bother anyone with my own mistakes, and yes, done it several times.

nahidrajbd

Discuss with you client about the mistake. I think he/she will understand your effort. Also delete the hours from another contract you made mistakes hours on.

Petra and Nahid thanks.