Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I can do with a client like this?

Highlighted
Tahrim N Member Since: May 23, 2015
1 of 6

Odesk last review.jpg

He give a bad review. he is doing with other freelancer too.  How can I delete his review from my profile?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 6

Can't see the image. It's too small and not clickable... BUT probably another scammer looking for free work and then holding the freelancer hostage for a refund. If you give the money back, I think the review will come off your profile... BUT the poor feedback in the backend will still hurt your JS and chances of finding future work.

Isn't the new JS system great? Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Tahrim N Member Since: May 23, 2015
3 of 6
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 6

Oh I see now. It's freelancers leaving poor feedback for him scamming them. Well, glad to see freelancers sticking up for themselves. Unfortunately it takes a lot more to punish a client than it ever will for a freelancer. Not sure if anyone will help you on this one unless enough stink is made publically here on the forums that Upwork HAS to do something about it.

Hope he didn't screw your JS. Chasing clients down like thtis takes a lot of time for customer suport and costs the company money. Not something they are too keen on doing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
5 of 6

How can I delete his review from my profile?

Refund is the only way.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

Hi there,

I am just curious why do you want to delete his review from your profile? I personally think that refunding should never be the choice if you did the job. Why refund the money you have worked for if it is obvious that somebody is trying to take advantage of it?

My suggestion is to leave it as it is, but to be EXTREMELY careful which jobs you apply to in future. When I am applying for a job I read all the reviews for the client. If there is at least one that says no communication or no pay, there is no way I am working with them, regardless of how “good” the job is. Sure you should give the benefit of a doubt that maybe the freelancer leaving the bad review was the “bad one” but I do think that those reviews are not left for nothing Smiley Very Happy

In any case good luck!

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS