🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What Should I do next about this client who f...
Page options
paulrosedesigns
Community Member

What Should I do next about this client who failed to respond and wants updates a month after

I have a client on a $10 postcard that I submitted the work for approval on June 19th and asked again if he needed updates on June 20th, June 25th, and July 2nd. On Tuesday, July 9th UpWork released the money to my account. After not hearing anything I went ahead and ended the contract and still left a positive review offering to make any updates. Now almost a month to the date of when the project was completed on July 12th the client contacts me claiming he has new photos and that he was out of the country and I didn't allow time for him to finish. I replied that I would even handle the updates tonight on July 12th into the 13th if he would send over the new information and again got ghosted. I'm not sure at this point what to do.

1 REPLY 1
tlsanders
Community Member

If I were in your shoes, I would do nothing at all. You made multiple attempts to contact the client, and now that the client has finally made contact, you've offered to make updates. It's up to him to contact you if he wants to take you up on that. At some point, you'll likely want to decide that enough time has passed that it is no longer reasonable for him to come back and ask you for changes, and after that point, you may choose to tell him that the reasonable time for revisions has passed. If you're concerned about feedback, you would probably want to make that cut-off no sooner than 15 days after you closed the contract, because then the client's window for leaving feedback will have expired.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members