🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What are my chances if i wan't able to finish...
Page options
ashobiz
Community Member

What are my chances if i wan't able to finish the job successfully?

Hi,

I got commited to a job. After started working i got to know that i can't able to finish the job, either i am not skilled enough or it is impossible. What can i do in this situation? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:

Hi,

I got commited to a job. After started working i got to know that i can't able to finish the job, either i am not skilled enough or it is impossible. What can i do in this situation? 

Tell the client as soon as possible, apologize, and close the contract. If nothing usable has been produced, refund any oney paid into Escrow.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:

Hi,

Tell the client as soon as possible, apologize, and close the contract. If nothing usable has been produced, refund any oney paid into Escrow.

ashobiz
Community Member

OK, is it going to affect my JSS?

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:

OK, is it going to affect my JSS?

Yes.

ashobiz
Community Member

I do have another question. I do have some more projects in line. Lets say if client gave me negative feedback, if i get 5 start in next project, does it get tallied in JSS?

petra_r
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:

I do have another question. I do have some more projects in line. Lets say if client gave me negative feedback, if i get 5 start in next project, does it get tallied in JSS?

What do you mean "tallied?"

ashobiz
Community Member

Does one positive feedback compensate one negative feedback in JSS?
petra_r
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:
Does one positive feedback compensate one negative feedback in JSS?

No, it does not, and that is not how percentages work.

You now had 10 contracts, and your JSS without the latest one you are about to cancel is under 90% - so the tenth going bad will drop it to around the 80% or so mark (two bad out of 10, simplified).

The 11th being good will not put it back to where it was, because 9 out of 11 isn't that much better than 8 out of 10.

ashobiz
Community Member

Thanks.
jr-translation
Community Member

Ashok K wrote:

Hi,

You can cancelled a contract at any time. But you should understand that the client will not pay you, request a refund and might in general not be too happy.

re: "Does one positive feedback compensate one negative feedback in JSS?"

We don't know the exact formula.

But at this point, JSS is not our primary concern.

What you want to focus on here is doing the right thing for this client.

If you try to do the right thing to help out the client, by quickly getting out of the contract, then you will feel better about the situation, and in the end, things will turn out well for you also.

The sooner you notify the client, the happier he will be.

Keep in mind that the client does not ACTUALLY care who it is that finishes this task. The client's goal is to get the task completed by SOMEONE. So if the client is able to get things moving forward by ending his contract with you and hiring someone else as soon as possible, the client will still be able to achieve his goal.

I always keep my clients happiness as my first priority. Actually I stopped tracking hours as soon as I figure out I can't do this but still I spent next 6 hours finding a way. I already contacted the client.

This post is about aftermath of what happens to my rating.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members