cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the benefits to a freelancer for participating in the Forums

Eva A Member Since: Apr 15, 2010
1 of 13
Just thinking aloud, what are the economic benefits (read, high algorithmic rankings in search etc) of participating in the forums? Thanks, Eva
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 13
Sharing experience with other clients and freelancers to get a better overview of the site's working and of the whole freelancing world, in order to better negotiate the site and that world with less chance of getting scammed, or working inefficiently and below your true value. Feeling empathy with like-minded people and feeling less entrapped in your little cyber-world and so less inclined to go and spend money on beer and relaxing medications. Sorry - just read it again - you want to go on the forum because you think one of oDesk's algorithms will make you richer? oDesk's algorithms are not there to make people richer - most of the mad robots they have seem to have been written to strip away livelihoods, not enhance them(or at least that's the effect they seem to have...)
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
3 of 13
[quote: Stephen B.]....... and so less inclined to go and spend money on beer and relaxing medications.[/quote] Uuuuummmm ... some of the posts make me more inclined towards both of the above.
4 of 13
Thanks for your response. Actually, I use the forums more so to learn the latest news on oDesk as I never get any in my inbox. I have to come here to find out what's new. The reason I asked what the economic benefits are - just wanted to make sure that not participating here doesn't make my job applications land in "hidden" section which I learnt of a couple weeks back. From the forums.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 13
So you mean you just want people to respond to this in the hope the company's computers rank you higher in some respects ? Way to make friends and influence people!
6 of 13
@Ramon, if people responding to this post would make me rank higher, why not? You probably just boosted my ranking by responding. Thanks!
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 13
That's what posting on forums just to get responses is.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 13
Yes, I thought of that, that's why I voted 1 out of 10 in the hope it relegates you again.
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
9 of 13
Hi Eva, Participating in these forums is voluntary and does not impact your freelancer profile or job activity.
10 of 13
@Garnor. Thanks for the clarification.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS