cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best payment options if you live outside the US?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 20

@Diego I wrote:

Thank you Petra, that is good to know. I may make an account with them based on your comment.

Well, All I can say is that I never had a problem and it works out great for me. PM-ed you Smiley Happy

andrea-moya
Andrea M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
12 of 20

Thank you for sharing, Petra. Very valuable experience!

arqdia
Community Leader
Diego I Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
13 of 20

@Preston H wrote:

re: "I'm having trouble trusting the service as there is a lot of negative comments in their forums and it looks like there is minimum support"

Diego:

Upwork is NOT a site that should be used by newcomers who require substantial customer support.

If you are a newbie contractor and you need live chat support, phone support or otherwise require significant customer support, you should focus on other platforms.

Preston, sorry if you got confused, maybe my English is not that good. 

andrea-moya
Andrea M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
14 of 20

Preston, we´re talking abou Payoner, not Upwork. We´re discussing about the best way to get payments outside the USA

ceciliagigena
Cecilia G Member Since: Jul 5, 2017
15 of 20

I've tried with a new option called "direct to Bank account", because Upwork emailed me that it's a "new option" for "freelancers in Argentina"... BUT... then I found out that it is acually NOT direct: they work with Transfast, which is an online platform (like Paypal).

My money has still not arrived (4 business days later) and my bank told me THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RECEIVE MONEY FROM ONLINE PLATFORMS. You know, Argentina's government has never been freelance-friendly, we can't transfer money from Paypal.. etc...

So... maybe it's just a matter of time and it will take some days longer... but I am really worried and customer support hasn't done anything yet. They told me I have to wait at least 8 business days before they can procceed to trace a deposit, and that I will have to pay for that tracement process. Smiley Surprised

So Upwork is promoting a payment methode that may not work in Argentina... I know it works perfectly in other countries, but remember, this is Argentina!

Has anyone here already used that system? can you provide information about how this may end or how I can solve this issue?
If no one helps me I will just have to keep waiting, but I hope someone else knows and can help me a litle more than this useless customer support who doesn't know how living in Argentina is like.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 20

Hi Cecilia,

Sorry about the issues with your withdrawal. It appears it was successfully sent and we don't have any known issues working with Transfast. If your money doesn't arrive to your bank account after 8 days, please let CS know so they could initiate a trace and figure out the issue. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
ceciliagigena
Cecilia G Member Since: Jul 5, 2017
17 of 20

Valeria, this is NOT solved yet, apparently Upwork marks every issue as solved when they are actually not working with the issue anymore, but no, IT IS NOT SOLVED and I am still waiting.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 20

Cecilia,

We'll have an agent assist you with the trace via the ticket.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
6ac7e77a
Sepideh M Member Since: Apr 5, 2021
19 of 20

Hi, I live in Canada and I do not have any US bank account. What options do I have to get paid?

Thank you,

Sepideh

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
20 of 20

Hi Sepideh,

If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”).

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS