🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What are the "key factors" needed in every pr...
Page options
f8cb3a7a
Community Member

What are the "key factors" needed in every proposal?

So many of us have submitted hundreds of proposals but not received a single job. Can we know what we are doing wrong, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moizshaykh
Community Member

Try to mention what the client wants, formal proposals are good but try making tailored proposals and avoid copy pasting.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
moizshaykh
Community Member

Try to mention what the client wants, formal proposals are good but try making tailored proposals and avoid copy pasting.

f1fe8f0e
Community Member

I have been submitting customized proposals for each job. I am not randomly applying to every job. I have also replied promptly and diligently to every invitation I received, yet no successful conversion. I have lost a lot of my connects.

I would say that you're rate is aiming too low. I think cheap clients will go for more experienced people at the same price. You need to differentiate yourself somehow. Add some polish to your profile, market yourself a bit, and up your rate. Be quality and you should get quality clients.

Well Said!

Well said

6021806c
Community Member

Hello:

I wouldn't say that is an easy thing, but a mixture of speed, attention to detail and custom messaging is required. 

I got my first job just a few days after I became a member. The key was to accomplish what the client was asking for. In my case, some noisy audio samples were attached and needed to do a quick demo to show the result of audio restoration.  So what I did was just that. Took the files, improved the sound and send a custom cover letter explaining what I did to get that results. Then I got an answer and got hired. 

I admit that I've been hesitating to waste my "connects" since I found that there are too many low-budget jobs or too much work, but I'm still trying to reach the good ones. 

I hope you find it useful!

Regards

Horace

f8cb3a7a
Community Member

Thanks a lot Horacio.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members